Adelina Veronica Tamburlin (nee Caimi), age 97, treasured and beloved sister and mother, grandmother and friend, closed her eyes for the last time at home on March 8, 2011 under the care of Niagara Hospice. She was born in Coal Hollow, PA to Giacomo and Cecelia (nee Gornati) Caimi. She graduated from Kersey High School in 1930 and then went to work at Sylvania until marrying her beloved husband, the late Carl Mario Tamburlin in 1940. She lived briefly in Bradford, PA with their son Thomas Carl who was born in 1942. They moved to North Tonawanda that year. Adelina was a homemaker until the death of her husband in 1954. She went to work for the Wendler family (owners of the Carousel Factory) and went to school to complete her clerical certification. She started working for the Niagara Savings and Loan and retired as Head Cashier in 1978. In retirement, she helped care for her mother until her death in 1979. Adelina was a devoted member of Ascension R.C. Church and was active in their Bereavement Committee. She volunteered for Meals on Wheels for over twenty years. She was kind and generous to her family, neighbors, friends and complete strangers.
Sister of the late Emilia (Enrico) Meloni and brothers Peter (Mary) and John Caimi.
Beloved mother of Thomas Carl (Shirley) Tamburlin of North Tonawanda. Sister of Julia Gallinger. Loving grandmother of Pamela (Mark) Harvey, Ronald (Christine) Tamburlin, Carl Tamburlin, Maria (James) Dosher and Cecelia Tamburlin. Great grandmother of Andrew (Dawn) Harvey, Amy and Jenna Harvey, Daniel Tamburlin and Mackenzie Dosher and two great-great grandchildren, Joseph and Thomas Harvey. Also survived by several nieces and nephews.
Friends received by the family on Sunday 2-4 and 7-9 PM at the Brunner Funeral Home (692-3841) 156 Robinson St., North Tonawanda where services will be held on Monday morning at 9:30 AM. followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 A.M. at Our Lady of Czestochowa Church. Interment will follow at Mt. Olivet Cemetery.
The family asks that memorials be made to the North Tonawanda Historical Society.